Friday, August 27, 2010

Be Still These Voices in my Head

I don't really know how it came about but Dr John told me one day that he has voices in his head. He can certainly be a very angry little boy but also has an extreme imagination, loves stories and films and loves creating characters. Not a bus journey goes by without him asking 'who are you from made up world' or 'which bad guy are you in super hero land?'.

But voices in his head? Should I be concerned? Apparently they are voices that go very fast and he doesn't know really what they are saying but they only stop when he is angry or asleep. Hmm. Chris Evans says that he used to hear voices when he was a child but he thinks it was to do with his bilingualism, but by instinct I just don't think this is the case with Dr John. I just feel that maybe this and his tendency for a short fuse may be linked. I'm going to look into calming techniques for children, but anyone got any suggestions?

1 comment:

Monica said...

I have not tried it, but thought you might be interested in reading up on EFT. emotional freedom technique. The youtuve video is quite interesting.

p.s. I finally added you to my blog reader. Watch the video from Ted.com I just put on my blog to reaffirm your homeschooling and unschooling spirit!